THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...THEME:LEARN TO PRAY WITHOUT CEASING
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: TUESDAY 27TH DECEMBER 2016.
TEXT: Luke 18:1-5, 1st Thessalonians 5:17
THEME:LEARN TO PRAY WITHOUT CEASING
“Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17-19)
It is often very funny to hear people say they have prayed and prayed and got no answers. These are people whose pattern of prayer never tallies with the standard of God. Instead of deep-hearted prayer laced with groaning and intercession, they indulge in selfish prayer that only dwells on what God should give them such as cars, houses, promotions and so on. Sometimes, the reason for asking God to bless them is that their enemies will be ashamed – not that the name of God will be glorified. They pray in ignorance and without faith. Sometimes, they pray for a few minutes in the morning or not all and claim that it is not the duration of prayer that matters.
Not praying all the time can quench the spirit and pave the way for the devil to attack. Praying consistently will help you to withstand the wiles of the wicked one in the evil day. Life is full of battles and only those who pray consistently are most likely to win. No matter the troubles or unpleasant situations you are passing through in life, prayer remains the key. Being discouraged would only create room for more troubles. Jesus Christ prayed severally thereby setting us an example to follow. Though He had the power to deal with certain situations that confronted Him, yet He opted to pray which is an indication that prayer is indispensable if we are to triumph in life’s battles. He prayed to the extent that the sweat that appeared on his forehead were like drops of blood. So, what are those battles that had been standing against your breakthrough and advancement over the years? What are the generational yokes and bondages that have refused to give way? Now is the time to address them.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:
1. O thou that hearest prayer, give me the strength for prayer, in Jesus’ name.
2. Every spirit of sleeping and slumbering, I bind you and I bind your powers, in Jesus name.
3. Every spiritual weakness working against my prayer life, be destroyed, in Jesus’ name.
4. Any power fighting and attacking my prayer life; be cut off, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. I cancel every form of distraction against my spiritual growth and development, in Jesus’ name.
6. Any power assigned to weaken our general pastor; receive double frustration. Give our G. O and our mummy in the Lord the spirit of intercession and supplication and strength to prevail through prayer, in Jesus name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA