THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1ST, 2016.
TEXT: 2 Samuel 6:14-16, Psalm 100:1-5
THEME: SHOW APPRECIATION UNTO GOD
“Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. 2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.” (Psalm 100:1-2)
Many people - including those that we knew very closely, began the year with us. But today, we can accurately say that not all of them were able to witness this last month. Many of them have passed on; others in the hospitals, prisons or somewhere else they never desired to be. But here you are today - hale and hearty. Do you think it is because of your beauty, handsomeness, education, social and economic status and so on?
The answer is an emphatic no. rather, it is because God has deemed it right to deliver you from the terrible wars both spiritual and physical going on against your life; from the hands of formidable foes that hate you with perfect hatred, provided for you and your entire household and generally kept His covenant of protection upon the Chosen people in your life and family.
Are you among those the Lord has preserved till this very minute? Common sense demands that you do something special as a proof that you are grateful. The scripture recommends that you make a joyful noise unto the Lord and serve Him with gladness and come before Him with singing. This is something that will gladden the heart of your Maker.
Remember, He does not eat food as we do or accept burnt offerings any longer. He dwells in the praise of His people. That was what David the Psalmist did. He was a man who always saw reason to praise God and he demonstrated unparalleled appreciation for all the benefits that God bestowed upon his life and family.
He danced before the Lord to the point that Michal his wife; Saul’s daughter despised him in her heart. You can be like David today. Approach the throne of grace with dancing and singing for what the Lord has accomplished in your life today. Do not join those that are complaining about what God has not done for them.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:
1. Father, I am very grateful unto you for making it possible for me to see the beginning of the last month in the year; thank you for all the benefits you bestowed upon me and my household all through the past months, in Jesus' name.
2. Covenant keeping God, I ask that you will see me through the remaining part of the year, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, as you send your angels to go round to deliver end of the year gifts unto your people, Father remember me and my household, in Jesus' name.
4. Any power that is assigned to use my blood to refill their blood banks, receive termination by fire, in the name of Jesus' Christ.
5. I decree God’s divine protection upon our G. O, our mummy in the Lord and their children all through the remaining part of the year and beyond, in Jesus' name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA