THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: TUESDAY APRIL 5TH, 2016.
THEME: YOUR FOUNDATION HAS A ROLE TO PLAY
TEXT: Exodus 20:5-6
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
MEMORY VERSE: "If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11 :3)
Many people's foundations have been contaminated through false worship — ancestral, idol, marine spirit, worship of celestial beings and so on. Though they might not have had a direct contact with the worship of these deities, but they come to bear the brunt of this mistake made by those before them; stalling their fruitfulness and multiplication in line with God's promise to visit the iniquity of such families upon the children and the children's children of them that hate Him.
Who are those? They are those that bowed their heads to idols. Our fore-fathers did and today, their children are suffering from their mistakes. Those satanic forces are still demanding for worship, while the children have come under God's sledge-hammer in line with His word. However, the fact that these children of which we are among, have come to embrace Christ today gives hope to their situation. Remember, God says He will be merciful to them. Notwithstanding, you have a role to play and that role is to pray concerning your foundation to cleanse it from idolatry.
Just sing a few songs of praise/worship and take the following prayer points.
1. Any contamination or pollution upon my foundation; be remedied by the blood of Jesus Christ.
2. Any evil planted in the foundation of my life that is bringing hardship and set-backs to me, be uprooted by my heavenly Father, in Jesus name.
3. Any inherited curse following polluted and contaminated foundation: break by thunder, in Jesus name.
4. Any demon assigned to enforce yokes and bondage upon my life; be arrested by the Holy Ghost, in Jesus name.
5. I pray for my G. O, his wife and children: Any foundational power working against their ministry: receive rebuke, in Jesus name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA