THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: FRIDAY APRIL 1ST, 2016.
THEME: THERE IS EVERY REASON TO PRAISE THE LORD
TEXT: PSALM 107:3-16
3 And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
4 They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.
5 Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
6 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.
7 And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.
8 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
10 Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;
11 Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:
12 Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.
13 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.
14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
15 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
16 For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.
MEMORY VERSE: "O give thanks unto the LORD,for he is good:for his mercy endureth for ever. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy. " (PSALM 107:1-2)
April is the fourth month of the year in the secular calendar, but is known as the month of Fruitfulness and Multiplication in The Lord's Chosen calendar. It is a thing of joy having seen the end of the first three months and entered into the beginning of another quarter. Naturally, the best thing to do is to pray and thank God for what He has helped you to accomplish in the previous quarter; having brought into another new year. Remember, all these have been possible not because you have been very careful or wise; it is just his mercy.
Sing a few songs of praise/worship and then take the following prayer points.
1. O Lord God my Father, thank you very much for giving me the privilege to see the beginning of yet another quarter in the New Year, in Jesus' name.
2. Thank you for preserving me from all evils, sicknesses, diseases and violence of the previous year, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Thank you for protecting me from the snare of the fowler and from noisome pestilences, terror by night; arrow that flew by day and from every sorrow and affliction, Jesus' name.
4. Thank you for my pastor, his wife, children and entire family, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Thank you for the three-fold visions of this church that has continued to ensure the salvation of many souls.
6. Thank you for using our grassroots revival to restore heaven's consciousness in the hearts of believers all over the world. Thank you for reproducing your power as of old in The Lord's Chosen since inception, in Jesus' name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS PST LAZARUS MUOKA